1. Apologize to children when you are wrong.
2. Do not assume you’re smarter than a child simply because you’re older.
3. Say thank you to children when they do something for you or others.
4. Admit when you’ve made a mistake and admit it openly to them.
5. Listen to children, avoid to neglect them at all cost.
6. Be sure to set boundaries for acceptable behavior.
7. Lead by example.
8. Teach and practice compassion, kindness and love.
9. Explain to them that actions have consequences good or bad.
10. Let them see that you enjoy watching and nurturing them.