My days and nights have been extremely busy as of late. As you may remember, I recently started an internship with a wonderful foundation that’s mission is to promote research of drug free, noninvasive treatments for brain disorders and trauma using neuro-therapy. I have been at this for four weeks and am still adjusting to the change in my schedule and the new demands that are placed on my time. I feel a twinge of guilt for not posting on this blog as often as I would like to. I feel very passionate about having this platform to share my journey and my thoughts with all of you. Although I am a relative newbie in the blogosphere, I can say this experience has been life altering for me in a very positive way. It has allowed me to expand my support system, practice expressing myself in a healthy way, and given me an enhanced sense of purpose. And being the semi neurotic character that I am, I worry that if I don’t post often enough I will be forgotten. With this swirling around in my mind, I received a bit of affirmation that you are still out there following along with me on this adventure.
Two of my fellow bloggers sent me a bit of love and affirmation! Reflections On Life Thus Far has nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. I consider her a friend and kindred spirit, even though we have never met in person. She blogs from her soul, speaking openly about the bullying and abuse she endured as well as her personal transformation and search for spirituality, enlightenment, and healing. Every post is uplifting, insightful, or thought provoking…..and well worth reading.
These are the rules:
- Display the award logo on your blog,
- Link back to the person who nominated you,
- State seven things about yourself,
- Nominate fifteen other bloggers for this award and link to them,
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
So, here are 7 things about me:)
1. I finally realize that I have a very strong mind-body connection. Because of this, I intentionally set aside an hour or two everyday to sit quietly and just BE.
2. I am madly in love with my gorgeous one year old grandson. Anytime I am feeling down, a visit with him turns my mood right around.
3. I enrolled in school again with the goal of receiving a Ph. D in Natural Medicine. It might take me the rest of my life here on earth to do this, but I am determined to keep on going.
4. I am the only person in my entire family that is not a dyed in the wool animal lover. Somehow I missed that gene. But I adore children and wish I had ten more.
5. Some of my best insights and problem solutions come at night in my dreams.
6. My favorite color is purple
7. I love to play with food and often improvise crazy recipes in my kitchen.
My WordPress reader has over 250 blogs that I follow, so choosing 15 to pass this award onto is a challenge. With that said, here are some of my newer discoveries
- My Life Disconnected
- Mental Health Cop
- Spread Information
- Who Needs Normal
- Raising 5 Kids With Disabilities And Remaining Sane
- Inspired 2 Ignite
- One Thousand Single Days
- Vwoop Vwoop
- A Gripping Life
- Lead Learn Live
- Life Revelation
- A Leaf In Springtime
- Prison Photography
- Free Your Mind
- The Bridge
The second award comes from a new friend of mine, Otrazhenie. As the name of this blog states, this blog is all about reflection and can only be labeled by the reader as it defies being categorized. Check out the “Thoughts” page for pearls of wisdom.
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Here goes another 7 things about me…..
- I am vainly attached to my long blond hair. Even though it is no longer naturally blond, and even though I recently cut and donated 10 inches of it, it is still long and blond.
- I am nervously excited about entering my second adulthood, with all the “if I knew then what I know now” feelings and yet the chance to start all over and define what an authentic life truly looks like to me.
- I am entering my 9th month of self-imposed date free/ intimate relationship free journey of self exploration
- As a heavy consumer of the medical and mental health systems, I have learned many tricks to successfully navigating these fields and am willing to act as an advocate to anyone asking free of charge. Systems are often difficult to wade through on your own, so I offer a helping hand to all that ask.
- Learning is as important as breathing to me.
- Music is one of my greatest pleasures and I like every genre…..except country.
- The surest way to kick the blues and appreciate your blessings is to go give to others.
These 15 blogs that follow are representative of many truly inspiring writers. Otrazhenie has introduced me to many fabulous blogs through links on his blog, so I hope I can introduce you to a few more.
- The Practical Psychosomaticist
- The Fortress Of Potential
- Make Something Mondays
- Forcing Myself Happy
- Empowered Results
- Morven’s Blog
- Cherish Freedom
- Deliberate Donkey
- In My Opinion
- Vodka Was My Muse
- This Time This Space
- Roots To Blossom
- The ABC’s of Spirit Talk
- The Aura Reader
- Mindfulness 4 Now
There are sooooo many more fabulous blogs. I apologize to any that I have nominated that do not take part in awards, I mean no disrespect and hope you take it as a token of my affection for what you do. To those I did not get to mention, I think you are wonderful and valuable and that is why you are in my email everyday.
Take care friends, and keep on going.